Please follow these simple rules when using the field so others can enjoy their time too.
- Pick up your dogs poo and place in the bins provided
- Wear sensible footwear and take care as the field is uneven
- Your dog must be on a lead until you are in the paddock and the gate is closed behind you
- Pick up any toys you use and return to the toybox. Toys will be washed in warm soapy water regulary
- As with any area used by dogs from different backgrounds, despite our preventative measures we cannot guarantee your dogs health and by using the field you accept this risk
- Certain weather conditions may cause the field to be muddy and slippery
- Although reasonable able effort has been made to secure the field and regular checks are carried out, it is possible for determined dogs to escape. The field is secured by the fence being dug under ground level but rabbits or foxes burrowing under the fence is a possibility
- Kirkgunzeon Canines will not take any responsibility for any human or dog injury caused by using the equipment in the field.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a freedom field?A freedom field or enclosed field are enclosed spaces where dogs can be allowed off lead. Reasons for using a freedom field include training your dog for reactivity, recall training or just somewhere to go for peace of mind without being hassled by other people or dogs. Also a space where dogs are not in fear of chasing livestock.
Does my dog need to be vaccinated?We recommend that your dog(s) are immunised and wormed and you do not bring your dog(s) when they are ill. Under no circumstances are you to bring your dog if they are coughing.
Is there Parking available?
We have 3 designated parking spaces, clearly signed.
Are all breeds welcome?
Yes, our field is for all breeds – big and small. We love to seeing photos of all your dogs having fun over on our Facebook.
Are there toys for the dogs?
Yes, there will be a box of toys for your dog to play with near the customer entrance. Please put the toys back in the “used toys” box so they can be washed ready for the next customer. If your dogs chews/ breaks a toys , don’t worry send me a message or let me know